February was quite a turnaround month!
- The NASDAQ composite index was up 7.1% at 4963.53 very close to a 15 year high.
- The S&P 500 closed the month of February at 2104.5, which was a 5.5% gain.
- The Dow Jones Industrials Average had it best performance in two years with a gain of 5.6%, closing at 18,132.70.
The bond results bear their usual contradictory results. Interest rates were up over the month, which of course means the bond values are actually down.
- The 10 year US Treasury note ended the month with a yield of 2.002%, which is a relatively large increase from the 1.679% it was yielding at the end of the year.
- However it was still below its yield of 2.173% at the start of the year and well below the 3.03% yield at the start of 2013.